- Principals Report Week 6 Term 2
- Religious Education News
- Dates for Your Diary
- Veritas Awards
- School Banking Update - No Banking Until Further Notice
- Clothing Pool Open during School Hours
- Rosary Community Council 2020
- Tae Kwon-do at Rosary
- Holy Rosary Church, Parish Alpha Course (online) Information Night - Tuesday 16 June 2020
- Coughing and Sneezing Etiquette Poster
- Hand Washing Poster
- Parentline ACT Telephone and Skype/Zoom Counselling Services
- SZapp Download Instructions
Dear Parents and Friends,
This coming Sunday is known as Trinity Sunday. The clover leaf is often used to describe the Trinity to children as it makes this great mystery easier to understand; though, as a mystery, comprehension is not really possible – it is a matter of faith. The clover leaf has three parts but is one leaf just as God is one being with three forms – God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. As it explains in Break Open The Word: “The mystery of the Trinity can be approached as a theological conundrum or as an adventure in faith. The word of God invites us to take the latter route. The readings of the day help us retrace some of the steps taken by our forebears in faith as they were led to discover Father, Son and Spirit communing in the one Godhead and enfolding the whole of creation in their love.”
Week 6 of each term is devoted to wellbeing. I hope that parents and students have enjoyed time out from homework and have had a chance to focus on family activities that encourage personal and familial wellbeing. The staff enjoyed a meeting-free week and a daily raffle draw of pampering products.
Cold and Flu Season
Winter is upon us and at this time, more than ever especially due to the global pandemic, please be conscious of the following:
- Not sending your child to school if they show any signs of being unwell
- Ensuring that your child has nourishing food for breakfast, recess and lunch to fuel their bodies and to guard against Winter ‘bugs’ and germs
- Ensuring that your child wears appropriate clothing to school to match the cold conditions - children may wear the navy school uniform beanie as well as a coat, gloves and scarf in the cold weather as long as they are in plain school colours
- Regularly remind your child about hand washing routines and coughing/sneezing etiquette to help prevent the spread of germs.
Please be aware that the sports track pants are to be either the standard uniform item or a plain pair of black track pants and not a tight fitting active-wear style. If extra warmth is needed, these tight-fitting versions can be worn under the track pants.
Please also be aware that rugby and netball jumpers/hoodies, even from Rosary teams, are not approved items of school uniform. Please save these for the sports fields – when these activities resume!
I hope that everyone will enjoy this second long weekend. I hope that you can stay warm and dry and that you will find opportunities to refresh your spirit. It may be a good opportunity to take some time to read a good book, watch an inspiring film or listen to beautiful music.
Thought for the week:
“Music, the greatest gift that mortals know, and all of heaven we have below.”
Vicky van der Sanden
Trinity Sunday - Year A - 7 June 2020
“God sent his Son to save the world through him.”
Click on the link below to go the readings and activities for this Sunday.
Religious Education Coordinator
Due to the current health pandemic restrictions, the online calendar for Term 2 has no events listed. We are hoping that as restrictions ease events will begin to resume and the calendar will be updated to reflect this. Dates for upcoming events will also be advertised in this space in the newsletter.
- Queens Birthday Public Holiday - Monday 8th June
Due to the current health pandemic, School Banking has been paused by the Commonwealth Bank. Banking will hopefully resume in Term 3 and families will be advised when a return date has been confirmed. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
The Rosary Clothing Pool is open to families to purchase second hand uniform items for $5 per piece. Please note that currently only one family is allowed in the room at any one time and hand sanitisation is required upon entry and exit. A key is available from the front office to access the room during school hours for your convenience.
All new uniform items can be purchased from Personally Yours. They are located at 218 Gladstone St, Fyshwick ACT 2609 and can be contacted on 6280 4166.
The Rosary Community Council Representatives for 2020 are:
|Council Chair :||Jackie Brady|
|Deputy Chair :||Libby Reardon|
|Treasurer :||May Kain|
|Secretary :||Elaina Lobendahn|
|Parent Representative :||Lucy Steen|
|Parent Representative :||Kate Roggeveen|
|Parent Representative :||Raphaela Higginbotham|
|Parent Representative :||Rachael Moore|
|Staff Representative :||Rachel McKerrow|
|Ex Officio :||Parish Priest|
|Executive Officer :||Principal/Assistant Principal|